#FREE

#FREE

WHO IS SLATE???

you know that short skinny girl, that says whatever the heck she wants? she is SLATE! she is #FREE

Concrete Rose

Concrete Rose
I've been through the darkest of the hells....ive been the ugliest duckling...and yet ive grown into a beautiful woman....i am the rose that grew through the concrete

Monday, August 6, 2012

The SINGLE friend



  "The SINGLE friend" these harsh 3 words can be the most hard set reality to a woman longing for love. Having to carry around the title of being the "Single Friend" is far from luxury, and even though us females may laugh and joke about about being that friend, it actually one of our biggest fears. I know you may witness females fronting saying "independent" this and "I don't need a nigga for shit"  that  and at night they're feeling like crap when they are laying in bed alone hugging they're pillows and praying for God to send them a "good man"...Being the single friend is down right HELL on earth, i know you're sitting there thinking to yourself "Well how does Slate know so much about being the Single Friend?" and the answer to that question is pretty simple, i know so much about being the "Single Friend" because i AM the "Single Friend" yep i said it! I am the friend that NEVER has dates and is always available for "girls night out"! There nothing to exciting about this lifestyle except for the fact that i have to answer to NO one! i can do whatever i want whenever i want without having to get permission from my other half.  Yes i am, independent and no i don't need a "nigga for shit" but trust me its not by choice. Theres many reasons why a female is the SINGLE friend, heres a few: either she resents men because of a abusive past, shes BITTER,  she boujie (she deserves to be single and will never get a man), she's a low key closeted lesbian, she's insecure (she'll never get a man), shes a HOE, shes a goldigger, she scared, and lastly but def not LEAST she has BAD personal hygiene (I'm sorry but nobody wants a woman with stench, ewwww)...now i know you're thinking to yourself which category do i fall in, WELL lets see...i have had an abusive past with men ,but that's not the reason, I'm def NOT bitter, and i keeps the cookie clean, cut, and fresh so i DEF don't have bad hygiene, truth be told i fall into the dreaded  SCARED category, one thing about it, i didn't fall into this category by choice, the way i became so scared is simple...past hurt; i let past situations of being hurt, lied to and even being downright degraded push me into this box. I feel like if i stay inside this box of no expectations and being defensive with every guy that shows some interest in me that it would shield me from heartache and would provide me the "upper hand" when in actuality this fear has put me in a world of loneliness with too many girls nights out and free drinks....i have come to a point where i have to stop being scared and i have to stop letting what happened in the past consume my thoughts and my emotions. I know that making this transition is the least bit easy, as a matter of fact i know that its hard, just to get back to that point where i can love freely with thinking about the "what ifs" and beating myself up if something goes wrong. I know that making this transition will be a task for me but it will also be a test of patience for a man that has interest in me, if he cares and he wants me in his life then he has to be willing to walk through this journey with me. A man that can help me overcome my fear of being scared to love is def a man that is worth my time...I know that with the help and guidance from God that i can make my transition from being "The Single friend" to being the friend that is  finally"Complete"...