#FREE

#FREE

WHO IS SLATE???

you know that short skinny girl, that says whatever the heck she wants? she is SLATE! she is #FREE

Concrete Rose

Concrete Rose
I've been through the darkest of the hells....ive been the ugliest duckling...and yet ive grown into a beautiful woman....i am the rose that grew through the concrete

Saturday, August 25, 2012

BLACK and WHITE

 Found myself listening to some good music today, actually it was by mistake, ever found yourself listening to music and the entire time your soul is being fed by those lyrics and you get lost into the melody you find your mind thinking about ONE person...everything is so BLACK and WHITE, my thoughts are so unclear, i wish everyone would stop asking me questions or trying to find a way to make everything okay, im grateful but at the sametime im angry, sad, hurt, and in consolable, i need this time to get my thoughts together and its hard to do that when everyone is in your face, the month of August has always been the hardest month for me for 3 years now, i just want to go away for a while, as i stated before everything is so unclear, my world is so unclear and nothing makes sense AT ALL but theres only ONE thing that am certain about....

"Since I Lost My Baby"
-Luther Vandross

[Chorus:]
The sun is shining, there's plenty of light
A new day is dawning, sunny and bright
But after I've been crying all night
The sun is cold and the new day seems old
Since I lost my baby
Oh since I lost my baby

The birds are singing and the children are playing
There's plenty of work and the bosses are paying
Not a sad word should a young heart be saying
But fun is a bore
And with money I'm poor
Since I lost my baby (Since I lost my baby)
Oh since I lost my baby
My baby, my baby, my baby
Next time I'll be kinder, to my lady
Won't you please help me find her (I've got to find that girl)
Someone just remind her
Of this love she left behind her
Til I find her I'll be trying to
Everyday I'm growing kinder
Tryin' to find her,find her
Inclined to find my baby (My baby)
I've been looking everywhere (My baby)
Hey baby I really really care

My determination is fading fast
So fast, so fast so fast
Exploration is a thing of the past
I can't see how my hope's gonna last
Good things are bad and what's happy is sad
So sad, so sad, so sad

[Chorus and Fade]